- 11th February 2019
- Posted by: CILNI
We are seeking a Personal Assistant who will assist and provide support for one of our staff members with sight loss, to enable them to complete job tasks effectively. This includes providing the staff member with assistance to:
- Deliver empowering information, advice and support services to promote independent living by disabled people, regardless of age or impairment, and specifically in respect of Self Directed Support and Direct Payments.
- Provide individual client set-up’s, which will at times require home visits.
- Work with Health and Social Care Trusts and other relevant agencies to increase the uptake of Self Directed Support and Direct Payments
- Contribute to the work of the staff team in the development of Centre for Independent Living NI.
- To provide general orientation and sighted assistance around unfamiliar venues including locating toilets, catering facilities etc.
- To provide where required, sighted guidance for the employee to locations throughout Northern Ireland which aren’t always accessible by public transport.
- To provide sighted assistance during meetings, events, exhibitions and training sessions.
- To scan read documents to highlight relevant sections to the employee.
- To read inaccessible documents and web pages to the employee.
- To provide sighted assistance with data entry including proof reading, e.g. updating and maintaining databases, contact lists and spreadsheets. This includes using the CILNI database to maintain detailed confidential client records of advice given, in accordance with statutory procedures and CILNI Policies.
- To proof read printed documents that the employee has written to check visual aspects.
- To provide administrative support including filing, taking meeting notes, transcribing, photocopying and completion of expenses claims.
- To provide support with training and workshops for users and potential users of SDS/Direct Payments, Health and Social Care Trust staff and representatives from other organisations when required.
- To contribute to the development of Centre for Independent Living NI.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the post.
Accountable to: ILS Manager
Hours per week: 15 hours
Annual Leave: 20 days per year plus statutory days (pro rata)
Location: CILNI Northern Office, (Belfast)
Closing Date: 22nd February at 4pm