Download an editable Word version of this document.
The purpose of a person specification is to identify for potential employees the personal qualities required to carry out the duties of the post. Any training that employers may offer can be referred to in the person specification.
The title of the post should be clearly stated on the person specification. Employers require employees to have specified qualities. The qualities and skills may be listed in two categories titled "essential" and "desirable".
Below are some examples that you may wish to include when designing the person specification for your Personal Assistant.
Post: Personal Assistant
- Ability to speak fluent English / good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability/willingness to respect confidentiality and privacy
- Willingness to be trained and ability to adapt to the specified needs of the post as required by the employer
- Well developed social skills / ability to relate well to others.
- Basic cookery skills
- Willingness to work at short notice and unsociable hours
- Liking for animals
- Interest in social activities / sport / art / walking
- Clean driving licence and use of car
Training will be provided, when appropriate, to accommodate any training needs you may have in relation to this post.